Friday, 23 September 2016

THE ONE BEAUTY TIP CHRISSY TEIGEN WANTS TO GIVE DONALD TRUMP

hrissy Teigen being fun and adorable. Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
hrissy Teigen being fun and adorable.
 Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
Yes, Chrissy Teigen brought her 5-month-old baby Luna to New York for fashion week. ("She's here, alright, and she's having a moment.") That's why she's so exhausted, she tells, me as I stare into her completely non-exhausted-looking eyes. It's not exactly revelatory to say that supermodel/TV personality/social media goddess/one-half of everyone's #couplegoals Chrissy Teigen is a pure delight.
Sitting down with her at Tresemmé's pop-up lounge in between shows (she's a spokesperson for the brand), I felt like I was in the presence of both physical flawlessness and an old friend.  While Teigen is a spokesperson for Tresemmé, she's also someone who is unflinchingly candid at all times. I quizzed her on her beauty routine (and husband John Legend's), her must-have drugstore product and the beauty advice she'd offer up to a certain presidential candidate.

What's your go-to hair routine when you're not working?
I love anything that I can use myself, because I never have been able to do my own makeup or bragged about being the greatest with my hair. So honestly, the Tresemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse is one of my favorite products on the planet because I can throw it in when [my hair's] wet, scrunch it up and then call it a day. 

Besides Tresemmé, are there any other drugstore products that you love?
I love things like Aquaphor, especially for Luna. We use a lot of Cetaphil and a lot of really natural type of washes. Sometimes it just comes down to something being fragrance free and nice for them, too. My number one go-to is definitely Aquaphor. I use it everywhere — cuticles, lips, elbows, everywhere.

And what about John, is there anything that you two share, beauty-wise?
He definitely takes a lot of my face cream, and it's pretty pricey and I get very nervous when I see him put too big of a dollop on. I'm like, 'You can have that, but ration it a little.' I don't know why, because obviously I can get it. But I'm still very neurotic about it.

What are some hair tips you've picked up on set? Has Jen [Atkin, Teigen's hairstylist and close friend] taught you anything?
Oh my gosh, so many hair tips. I've learned so much watching super-talented people like Jen all the time. I love when they're using these little leather wraps and anything that just makes me look a little more put together than I feel.



I'm sure you have a ton of brands clamoring to partner with you. How do you decide which ones you end up working with?
I've always been really adamant about only partnering with products that I really love and really use, so it's so funny to me whenever I open up my Twitter. The [Tresemmé] commercial runs nonstop, it's always on. Everyone's always like, 'Does she really use it? I don't believe that she's using it.' So I try to post on Snapchat that I'm using it. I've never, ever, ever endorsed something that I didn't believe in and didn't love. You're definitely thrown a lot of random things, especially when they know that you're going to Instagram it or whatever.

On that note, social media is something you've been super successful at. Do you think that's become an important, essential part of being a model today?
Oh my gosh, yes. I think now with a lot of campaigns, it comes down to, 'Oh, this girl is great, but this person has more followers.' Which is kind of crazy. It's good and bad. But it's just a new time for us. Every magazine wants a big digital hit, and to know that a girl is going to Tweet it out and Instagram it and be so excited and get her fans to love it, yes it's definitely a selling point.

Looking to the future, as Luna grows up, what's one piece of beauty advice or wisdom that you hope to pass on to her?
I really think less is more, and my mom always told me that too. She never banned me from using makeup or anything, but I was such a tomboy. For Luna, I really hope she embraces her inner beauty and does what makes her feel comfortable and beautiful. That can be so different for everybody. I do definitely believe in less is more. Especially these days. I grew up in Washington, and in my high school, there wasn't a big focus on makeup. And then I moved to Huntington Beach, and it was a totally different ballgame. It was a bit crazy. And then I moved to New York, and I was like, 'Okay, good. There are people that kind of have this more natural look.' So I hope she embraces and is comfortable with herself and her skin.

Switching gears a little: I don't want to get too political or anything, but if you had one beauty tip you could give to Donald Trump, what would it be?
Oh my gosh! Well, he does have luminous hair, I will say that. I've seen a lot of pictures of it flowing quite nicely. But he could definitely use some of the Tres Two Hairspray. He could use a little bit more hold. It's a little flyaway-y for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment